Say goodbye to summer with the greenest of salads: green over green with green on top!
Since visiting my sister and getting caught up writing travel posts, I’ve been MIA in the food world. I’m getting back on schedule sharing this easy, healthy, feel-good salad!
I first had this salad as a sampler at my grocery store. The flavor was so unique it blew me away. Most salads are much of the same – ranch or balsamic vinaigrette dressing. But this one had a potent sage (a herb I had never worked with fresh) tinge and it was a lovely mix of garlic and sweetness.
The recipe credit goes to Alex Marshall, an awesome person and a kick-ass vegan who also just started her own blog! After sampling it she gave me her ingredient list and I guessed around the ratios while I threw the recipe together.
If you didn’t notice by the excessive title – I LOVE how green this is! It’s a great source for chlorophyll antioxidant goodness and it’ll make you feel great too! I know I need some more of this in my days.
I had the (mis) fortune to have my husband recently realize he 1. loves tiramisu 2. is good at making it 3. loves making it. Have you had home-made tiramisu? uh oh. I’ve been in serious trouble.
That’s his guilty hand pouring the dressing over our detox source! ;)
- 1 bunch swiss chard, washed
- 4 handfuls grapes, halves or quartered
- 2 kiwi, cubed
- ½ - 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon german mustard or whole grain mustard
- 5-7 fresh sage leaves, minced
- ½ garlic clove, crushed (more to taste)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- With your fingers pull apart swiss chard leaves from center and break them into bite sized pieces. Discard center stem.
- In a medium bowl throw in chard leaves, avocado, kiwi and grapes.
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients in a small jar and mix. Test and adjust ingredients to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy!
Enjoy it as a side or add chicken and extra dressing for a light lunch!