This raw avocado banana chocolate pudding is a healthy, easy favorite at my place. I love making it at food demos and cooking meet-ups as guests are always surprised by the ingredients! Avocado in chocolate pudding? Yes. You won’t even taste it.
We usually whip it up at the start of the evening and move onto cooking the main course while it sits in the fridge, a ready-made dessert.
You can use this as a chocolate fruit dipping sauce too. It’s magnificent with strawberries. You could add extra honey or maybe some coconut oil to make it less thick if you’d like.
You can enjoy it on its own. Simple, rich chocolate goodness. My personal favorite is to top it with goji berries, though. If you haven’t had goji berries try picking some up from the bulk isle of your grocery store – buying a whole package can get pricey, but this way you can pick maybe a handful or so. The flavor compliments this chocolate pudding perfectly, no other dried fruit can replace goji berries (in my humble opinion).
You can go crazy with toppings! Customize it to make it your own and feel free to add more bananas or honey to sweeten it up. You can find a whipped coconut cream recipe here. But you’ll have to refrigerate a can of coconut cream the night before. This raw avocado banana chocolate pudding is best enjoyed within 2-3 days (but I don’t think you’ll have a problem…)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa
- 1 big pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and grind/chop until all ingredients have blended together and you have a smooth pudding consistency. Taste test and adjust sweetness. You can add more banana or honey to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or enjoy as is!*
Raw Avocado Banana Chocolate Pudding Recipe in 50 Seconds!